Sunday, July 31, 2011

trailer

this is the new rig- if I had to do it over again perhaps a lighter steel bike to go with it since the long-haul is built for panniers. Its about 6 lbs heavier than another bike but acceptable for the 26" wheels, very stable.  I've got one small pannier in back for lunch and things I need during the day.

The trailer makes it very easy to make a laundry run or pick up, say, a mini-watermelon in the evening before camp. But what if we didn't eat it? YES, that means I'm carrying a WATERMELON all day (its wrapped up on the back).  As I was climbing rolling hills I kept thinking this will be the best tasting melon ever.


The trailer is awkward to park, so I got a kickstand. The sound takes me back decades, I was a kid the last time I heard that sound on my bike.  Next I may get some shiny streamer tassles for the flag.


1 comment:

  1. so was the watermelon delicious enough to be worth all of that extra work? lol! rich looks pretty excited about it! :) -kristin sliger-

    ReplyDelete